Bedaux Serious Games
For us, a serious game is about making and delivering a product or a service as a team exercise where theory is applied in practice, performance is pursued, weaknesses are detected and improvement actions are developed. With more than one round to play, so that improvements can be implemented and progress can be achieved, visualized and celebrated. In a real life setting so that learning effects do apply directly to the professional environment. So intense, difficult, inspiring and fun to play that it has a long lasting impact.
- is the systematic examination of the methods of carrying on activities so as to improve the effective use of resources and to set up standards of performance for the activities being carried out.
- starts with a systematic study of the methods of carrying on activities. It develops ways to improve the effective use of resources. It helps to set up standards, in order to secure improvements.
- is, or should be, the basis for improvement strategies such as Lean, 6 σ, Kaizen and Sustainability.
- has proven to be able to provide a major contribution to the economic and social development of mankind, and will do so in the future.
- is much more than a science or a technique.
- is an attitude and the professional drive to continuously improve the quality of human labour
- by simplifying work processes, jobs become more effective, more satisfactory, more meaningful and more rewarding.
- serves companies, professionals as well as individual workers.
- is a responsibility for leadership, specialists and workers in the organisation.